GutzBusta® Round Bale Hay Nets
GB-4CM-4X4 RB 48PLY
GUTZBUSTA® EASY FIT ROUND BALE HAY NETS
Large range of sizes - 3 x 4/4 x 4, 5 x 4 or 6 x 4 round bales (size in feet). All sizes are black in colour, despite colour in photos.
Don't waste your hay, order a GutzBusta today!
Reduce the incidence of colic, choke, stomach ulcers, boredom, hay wastage, stable vices but simulate grazing.
New design means they are larger and easier to put on and will fully encapsulate the bale if you want it to.
How do I decide what size will suit my horse or livestock?
3cm - Great for really Gutzy eaters. Ponies, laminitic horses or if your hay is REALLY palatable and you want to slow consumption even more. Recommended for horses and ponies that have tried slow feed hay nets before as some horses may be frustrated by this size, others accept it without hesitation. Despite no top teeth, we have customers whose cattle can still eat from this size net with palatable hay. Available in 48ply.
4cm - Our most popular hole size. Great to slow down feeding and save on hay wastage plus many other health benefits. Available in 48ply and 60ply. Good general purpose hole size, 95% or horses have no trouble accepting this size net hole. Good size for cattle, sheep, goats, donkeys and alpacas too.
6cm - Great for brood mares, old horses or any horse, cow, sheep or goat that you aren't trying to restrict hay consumption with but still stop hay wastage. Please note to make sure the hoof size is greater than the hole size. A hay ring or physical barrier is recommended if this is a concern. Also great for less palatable hay, coarse or stalky hay. Also stops hay from being blown away. Available in 60ply.
Why use a GutzBusta for your horse or livestock?
Decreases wastage of a round bale amazingly and also allows round bale to last longer. Up to 40% less wastage when using a GutzBusta® Round Bale hay net. Easy to place net over round bale. I have found one round bale lasts our 3-4 horses 7-15 days (depending on how cold weather is).
Easier to put on than many competitors hay nets as we have been making these nets for nearly 7 years and know how the netting behaves over time. We therefore have developed a size and pattern that works to enable these nets to last and REMAIN easy to fit in years to come. Comes with a large drawstring to easily secure the hay net around your round bale.
Round bales and Large Square Export Bales – Available in 3cm, 4cm and 6cm sized holes:
4x4 $127.50 (48ply) 4cm holes (black in colour) - (will also fit a 3x4)
6x4 $160.00 (48ply) 3cm holes (black in colour) - 'one size fits all'
6x4 $147.50 (60ply) 6cm holes (green or black in colour) - 'one size fits all'
All of our round bale hay nets are now able to fully encapsulate the round bales of hay as we have done a revamp of all product sizes. These nets are now more generous in sizing and super easy to put on the round bales. Tight nets on bales might look good initially, but to keep our products easy to use throughout their entire life, we recognized they needed to be a bit bigger, so they are all true to size. For example: if you only ever use 4x4 hay rolls, then you only need a 4x4 hay net.
Please note that the 6x4 is a 'one size fits all hay net' and will fit all sizes of round bales listed above. Obviously it will be big on a 4x4, but the excess netting can simply be rolled up along one edge of the net and tied off in a couple of sections using twine to take up the slack. We send instructions on how to do this.
Please note that ANY of the GutzBusta® 6x4 round bales will fit the 8x4x3 & 8x3x3 LARGE SQUARE Hay Nets. This makes them a truly versatile, cost effective and multi-functional hay net.
Click here to see our horses eating from a 4cm GutzBusta 5x4 Round Bale Hay Net in 48ply.
More about GutzBusta Slow Feed Hay Nets
As of August 2016, ALL sizes of our hay nets have had a revamp with a new draw string material used and more importantly, they have all had a size increase. Our hay nets are now the most generous sized hay nets in Australia. They all have wide mouths that make filling much easier. As we have been making them for over 6 years now, we know how they nets respond with 24/7 use and have made adjustments to make sure your hay nets remain easy to fill, and the best available on the market. Our Larges are unique to all other slow feed hay nets in Australia in ease of use and design.
- Square mesh pattern which means that no matter how much or how little hay is inside the net, they are always easy to eat out of it, unlike diamond shaped holes that collapse down on themselves as the hay net empties.
- They are made from UV stabilized, pre-stretched polyethylene netting. They are tough and strong.
- These nets have over-locked side stitching along the side seams to make them a tough and durable Hay Net. All nets have been designed by us and we have worked out the best sizes to suit Australian conditions. We have been making these nets for over 7 years and thanks to customer feedback, we have developed a hay net superior to others available in Australia. They are very generous in sizing with wide mouths to allow them to be easily filled.
- New 60ply available in 4cm and 6cm sizes (not available in 3cm). 60ply is a heavier duty netting material and is therefore stronger for those horses that are hard on things. Horses that paw a lot, pull at rugs, chew things, young horses or a few horses sharing the same net would all benefit from the 60ply. The 48ply has served both our own horses and many clients very well over the years, but some horses require a bit more strength in the 4cm.
- There are no metal joins of any sort on these nets, so nothing harmful for your horse to chew. All nets come with a polyethylene draw string that is easy to tie and untie knots with. If a hole does start from getting caught on something, they are easily repaired, and all nets are supplied with a repair string (just like good quality jackets/jumpers come with a piece of extra thread).
Hay Nets (hole sizes) available across the entire GutzBusta Range
- 4cm x 4cm square holes (1.5" square) - 48 and 60ply and are called our "Moderator's"
- 3cm x 3cm square holes (1" square) - 48ply and are called our "Decelerator's"
- 6cm x 6cm square holes (2.3" square) - 60ply - in round bale & large export square bale sizes only.
Other sizes Available - in 4cm (60ply) and 3cm (48ply) sized holes:
Small - Takes up to 3 generous biscuits of hay.
Medium - Takes up to 6+ biscuits or half small bale
Large - Takes a full small bale
Do not leave buckled halters or other type of buckled head gear on your horse when using ANY type of hay net as your horse may get caught. If your horse is shod then simply tie your net up a little higher or put your net inside a box or other device that stops their feet coming into contact with their hay net. Similarly, do not let horned animals such as cattle, sheep or goats eat from the hay nets as they may tear the netting or get entangled.