Large GutzBusta® Slow Feed Hay Nets
GB-4CM LRG 60PLY
LARGE GUTZBUSTA® HAY NETS (Black in colour)
Don't waste your hay, order a GutzBusta today!
The Large GutzBusta® nets will take an entire small square bale of hay. They are fantastic to use if going away for a few nights to know that your horse or pony will have something to nibble on the entire time. Great if you are having someone else look after your horses to make it less time consuming to feed. Our Larges are SUPER easy to fill and simply AWESOME to use with small bales of hay.
They are also great in reducing feed time by allowing you to put larger quantities of hay out at a time as one bale may last a few days. Rather than feeding hay multiple times per day, using a Large GutzBusta® may allow you to feed hay only every 2 days for example.
Reduce the incidence of colic, choke, stomach ulcers, boredom, hay wastage, stable vices but simulate grazing.
How do I decide what hole size will suit my horse or livestock?
3cm - Great for really Gutzy eaters. Ponies, laminitic horses or if your hay is REALLY palatable and you want to slow consumption even more. Recommended for horses and ponies that have tried slow feed hay nets before as some horses may be frustrated by this size, others accept it without hesitation. Despite no top teeth, we have customers whose cattle can still eat from this size net with palatable hay. Available in 48ply.
4cm - Our most popular hole size. Great to slow down feeding and save on hay wastage plus many other health benefits. Available in 60ply. Good general purpose hole size, 95% or horses have no trouble accepting this size net hole. Good size for cattle, sheep, goats, donkeys and alpacas too.
6cm - Great for brood mares, old horses or any horse, cow, sheep, alpaca or goat that you aren't trying to restrict hay consumption with but still stop hay wastage. Please note to make sure the hoof size is greater than the hole size if you are allowing hoof access to this net. A hay ring or physical barrier is recommended, or hang the net higher if this is a concern. Also great for less palatable hay, coarse or stalky hay. Available in 60ply.
Why use a GutzBusta for your horse or livestock?
Now SUPER EASY to fill. Unique design to Australia. These Large nets now open right up and you fill from the long side of your bale, instead of trying to pull your hay net down the entire length of the bale which is time consuming and difficult, particularly if your hay is stalky. Simply place your square bale the ground, open up your hay net and place over the long side of the bale, pull the netting down towards the ground, then flip over the bale 180 degrees, pull the excess netting up around the sides to bring edges together and then pull your draw string and your Large Hay Net is filled in about 10 seconds.
This also makes them fantastically wonderful to use if you feed your horses chunks of hay from a round bale due to having no small bales or if you have the large square export bales and are dealing with the large biscuits of hay. Due to the mouth of this net opening up to a super wide width of over 1.3 meters, these nets are simply awesome to use when trying to fill a hay net from difficult sources. Because our hay nets are a square design netting, the holes do not collapse down on each other, so whether you have 1 biscuit of hay or a full small bale, your horse can still eat from this net. This GutzBusta® Large size is a truly versatile size.
These nets will now hang with the bales length going horizontally, however they can still be hung vertically.
Click here to watch a movie on just how quick and easy these new design Larges are to fill. NB: The netting size used in this movie is 3cm.
More about GutzBusta Slow Feed Hay Nets
As of August 2016, ALL sizes of our hay nets have had a revamp with a new draw string material used and more importantly, they have all had a size increase. Our hay nets are now the most generous sized hay nets in Australia. They all have wide mouths that make filling much easier. As we have been making them for over 6 years now, we know how they nets respond with 24/7 use and have made adjustments to make sure your hay nets remain easy to fill, and the best available on the market. Our Larges are unique to all other slow feed hay nets in Australia in ease of use and design.
- Square mesh pattern which means that no matter how much or how little hay is inside the net, they are always easy to eat out of it, unlike diamond shaped holes that collapse down on themselves as the hay net empties.
- They are made from UV stabilized, pre-stretched polyethylene netting. They are tough and strong.
- These nets have over-locked side stitching along the side seams to make them a tough and durable Hay Net. All nets have been designed by us and we have worked out the best sizes to suit Australian conditions. We have been making these nets for over 7 years and thanks to customer feedback, we have developed a hay net superior to others available in Australia. They are very generous in sizing with wide mouths to allow them to be easily filled.
- New 60ply available in 4cm and 6cm sizes (not available in 3cm). 60ply is a heavier duty netting material and is therefore stronger for those horses that are hard on things. Horses that paw a lot, pull at rugs, chew things, young horses or a few horses sharing the same net would all benefit from the 60ply. The 48ply has served both our own horses and many clients very well over the years, but some horses require a bit more strength in the 4cm.
- There are no metal joins of any sort on these nets, so nothing harmful for your horse to chew. All nets come with a polyethylene draw string that is easy to tie and untie knots with. If a hole does start from getting caught on something, they are easily repaired, and all nets are supplied with a repair string (just like good quality jackets/jumpers come with a piece of extra thread).
Hay Nets (hole sizes) available across the entire GutzBusta Range
- 4cm x 4cm square holes (1.5" square) - 60ply and are called our "Moderator's"
- 3cm x 3cm square holes (1" square) - 48ply and are called our "Decelerator's
- 6cm x 6cm square holes (2.3" square) - 60ply - in round bale & large export square bale sizes only.
Do not leave buckled halters or other type of buckled head gear on your horse when using ANY type of hay net as your horse may get caught. If your horse is shod then simply tie your net up a little higher or put your net inside a box or other device that stops their feet coming into contact with their hay net. Similarly, do not let horned animals such as cattle, sheep or goats eat from the hay nets as they may tear the netting or get entangled.