Medium GutzBusta® Slow Feed Hay Net
GB-4CM MED 60PLY
MEDIUM GUTZBUSTA® HAY NET
Don't waste your hay, order a GutzBusta today!
These Medium GutzBusta® hay nets are capable of easily holding half a small bale of hay. Generous sizing and very wide mouth for filling makes these nets a very easy and handy companion. They will easily carry 4-6 biscuits of hay. Even easier if you have 2 hay nets, simply put one Medium on one end of a bale and another Medium hay net on the other end of a small bale, cut the strings in the middle and your nets are filled. 104cm wide x 89cm high.
Reduce the incidence of colic, choke, stomach ulcers, boredom, hay wastage, stable vices but simulate grazing.
Because our hay nets are a square holed pattern and not diamond, it doesn't matter if you have 1 biscuit of hay or the hay net is chock full of hay. Either way your horse can eat out of the hay net as the holes don't collapse down on each other like the diamond pattern hay nets do. This is our most popular and versatile size, suitable for the float, stable or paddock.
How do I decide what hole size will suit my horse or livestock?
3cm - Great for really Gutzy eaters. Ponies, laminitic horses or if your hay is REALLY palatable and you want to slow consumption even more. Recommended for horses and ponies that have tried slow feed hay nets before as some horses may be frustrated by this size, others accept it without hesitation. Despite no top teeth, we have customers whose cattle can still eat from this size net with palatable hay. Available in 48ply.
4cm - Our most popular hole size. Great to slow down feeding and save on hay wastage plus many other health benefits. Available in 60ply. Good general purpose hole size, 95% or horses have no trouble accepting this size net hole. Good size for cattle, sheep, goats, donkeys and alpacas too.
6cm - Great for brood mares, old horses or any horse, cow, sheep, alpaca or goat that you aren't trying to restrict hay consumption with but still stop hay wastage. Please note to make sure the hoof size is greater than the hole size if you are allowing hoof access to this net. A hay ring or physical barrier is recommended, or hang the net higher if this is a concern. Also great for less palatable hay, coarse or stalky hay. Available in 60ply.
A great size net for overnight or all day. Easily filled due to very wide opening. Long draw string to hang anywhere, or tie up to safe objects. Click here to see a short movie on how to quickly and easily fill your Medium GutzBusta Hay Net. NB: The netting size used in this movie is 3cm.
More about GutzBusta Slow Feed Hay Nets
As of August 2016, ALL sizes of our hay nets have had a revamp with a new draw string material used and more importantly, they have all had a size increase. Our hay nets are now the most generous sized hay nets in Australia. They all have wide mouths that make filling much easier. As we have been making them for over 6 years now, we know how they nets respond with 24/7 use and have made adjustments to make sure your hay nets are remain easy to fill, and the best available on the market.
Our Larges are unique to all other slow feed hay nets in Australia in ease of use and design.
- Square mesh pattern which means that no matter how much or how little hay is inside the net, they are always easy to eat out of it, unlike diamond shaped holes that collapse down on themselves as the hay net empties.
- They are made from UV stabilized, pre-stretched polyethylene netting. They are tough and strong. This netting will not absorb water, therefore not changing the properties of the netting during inclement weather or if used to soak hay. It therefore doesn't get heavy when soaked.
- These nets have over-locked side stitching along the side seams to make them a tough and durable Hay Net. All nets have been designed by us and we have worked out the best sizes to suit Australian conditions. We have been making these nets for over 7 years and thanks to customer feedback, we have developed a hay net superior to others available in Australia. They are very generous in sizing with wide mouths to allow them to be easily filled.
- New 60ply available in 4cm and 6cm sizes (not available in 3cm). 60ply is a heavier duty netting material and is therefore stronger for those horses that are hard on things. Horses that paw a lot, pull at rugs, chew things, young horses or a few horses sharing the same net would all benefit from the 60ply. The 48ply has served both our own horses and many clients very well over the years, but some horses require a bit more strength in the 4cm.
- There are no metal joins of any sort on these nets, so nothing harmful for your horse to chew. All nets come with a polyethylene draw string that is easy to tie and untie knots with. If a hole does start from getting caught on something, they are easily repaired, and all nets are supplied with a repair string (just like good quality jackets/jumpers come with a piece of extra thread).
Hay Nets (hole sizes) available across the entire GutzBusta Range
- 4cm x 4cm square holes (1.5" square) - 60ply and are called our "Moderator's"
- 3cm x 3cm square holes (1" square) - 48ply and are called our "Decelerator's
- 6cm x 6cm square holes (2.3" square) - 60ply - in round bale & large export square bale sizes only.
Do not leave buckled halters or other type of buckled head gear on your horse when using ANY type of hay net as your horse may get caught. If your horse is shod then simply tie your net up a little higher or put your net inside a box or other device that stops their feet coming into contact with their hay net. Similarly, do not let horned animals such as cattle, sheep or goats eat from the hay nets as they may tear the netting or get entangled.